The team at Milton Physiotherapy are committed to providing a safe environment and protect our patients and staff.
Milton Physiotherapy is open to assist you.
The Prime Minister has declared that physiotherapy is an essential service. The health directive has emphasised the importance of providing face to face consultations whilst adhering to all precautions. For those patients who can't attend for inclinic consults then telehealth is available to provide continuity of care.
COVID - 19 Safety Plan
Milton Physiotherapy is following all recommended precautions and advice to adhere to our safety plan.
Precautions undertaken include:
- screening of patients
- additional cleaning of high touch areas, treatment plinths and exercise equipment
- removal of magazines and pens in reception
- patients bringing their own towels for exercise and yoga classes
- continued highest levels of hand hygiene within the practice
- hand sanitiser for patients on entry and exit from the practice
- exercise class patients using hand sanitiser before handling any equipment
- additional signage is displayed throughout the practice to remind you of the new norms.
To comply with the social distancing advice, we have put measures in place at Milton Physiotherapy to ensure we are able to provide the space required. We have more than enough space to comply with the social distancing approach and have modified where patients will be treated. Also our waiting room has been modified to allow adequate distancing. If you would like to wait outside or in your car please contact us and we will call you when your physiotherapist is ready to take you in for your appointment.
Telehealth at Milton Physiotherapy
For those pateints who are unable to attend the clinic face to face we are able to provide a telehealth consultation. This is being done through a secure platform called Jitsi Meet. We are also providing exercise sessions via video telehealth. Our Wednesday night yoga class will now be done via video telehealth.
If you are interested in any of the telehealth services please contact us. We will send you detailed advice on what is required to join us via a telehealth video link up. The platform was chosen based upon its ease of use and security.
Rebates for Telehealth
1/ Medicare (bulk billed): Medicare has just introduced MBS Allied Health telehealth for physiotherapy. This requires providers to bulk bill with no additional charge to the patient. For access to Medicare bulk billed telehealth the patient must have a doctor's referral using a care plan.
2/ DVA (bulk billed): DVA has also released Allied Telehealth numbers again to facilitate Telehealth consultation when face to face is not possible.
3/ Private health funds: it has been announced that from April 14 some health funds will be providing rebates for for one on one consultation. Please ask us if your fund is providing rebates for telehealth.
Please support us in our efforts to reduce the spread of Coronavirus and enable us to continue to practice and assist you in your musculoskeletal health.
Please advise us immediately if you
- are experiencing symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- been in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- are, or should be self isolating in accordance with Health department advice.
If you are unsure of your COVID-19 health status please seek immediate medical consultation.
Thankyou for your cooperation.